Tuesday, February 17, 2009

EMBARRASING!!!

What happens when your husband forgets to tell you that the cable guy is coming at 8:00 in the morning?

Let's just say it was NOT a pretty site. I was just moments out of bed...morning breath, make-shift pj's, no bra----you get the picture. Then I had to let him enter three "forbidden" areas in the house...
1. The coat closet
2. The laundry room with 4 loads of clean laundry piled on the counter
3. The ultimate forbidden...my master closet (a.k.a. changing room, dumping grounds for everything that I don't feel like putting away).

So, I was pretty embarrassed by this point and after answering a few of his questions I was off to do a quick run-through while he got some tools out of his truck. I started cleaning up my bathroom as fast as I could, but somewhere in the process I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror....

I had white zit medicine from the night before all across my upper lip and a big glob on my forehead!!

The thought crossed my mind to go out and make some joke about it but I soon decided that would make matters worse. I have had "explanations" for embarrassing moments turn out worse than the actual event. Oh well, life moves on. There's something about having kids that makes embarrassing moments a natural part of your existence!

10 comments:

HammondFam said...

LOL...this story cracked me up! Hey, Jon Purser has seen me at my worst, and I have to face him every week. At least you won't run into this cable guy again! But you look great in the morning, so I'm sure the guy thought nothing of it!

Michelle Catherine Walker said...

that is HILARIOUS! I can't imagine you looking anything but beautiful, though!

Tara said...

How funny. I'm glad I am not alone in that department. Stuff like that happens to me all the time-- I am certain that comes as a big shock to you!

Did you at least wash the medicine off hoping he hadn't noticed the first time?

Zach and Nikki said...

wow- what a story! I'm sorry for you, but I sure enjoyed reading about it! Too funny!

Sara said...

That's pretty funny! I've had stuff like that happen to me before! My sis-in-law answered the door to the UPS man...she had on jeans, her garment top and bra on...and NO shirt...hilarious!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I seriously can NOT imagine you not looking gorgeous all the time. Hard to get a visual of, but I feel ya on the house not being what you would like it to be! That is way embarrassing and thanks for sharing! LOL :)

Melissa said...

Seriously,
That is classic!

Kyle and Lacey said...

That is way funny! You need to set something up that Matt doesn't know about ... ah, sweet revenge! haha

Lac said...

Holly cow!! Love that story! You are so adorable that a little zit cream wouldn't matter... but still... I'd be mortified too!

Lac said...

Oh... by the way...LAC is really Natalie Johnson (barton). I forgot that I was on my friend's computer. Sorry.