Saturday, November 29, 2008

Running in place

Do you ever feel like you're running around but not really getting anywhere? That's how I've felt lately. I feel like I've been so busy but I have nothing concrete to show for it. We returned from our month long stay in Panaca a couple of weeks ago and things have been so busy. I have about 12 loads of laundry that I've washed but never folded. Every room in my house could be considered a national disaster. Our Christmas decorations are 1/4 of the way done and my Christmas shopping hasn't even been considered. I'm kind of in a spastic phase where I keep jumping from one major project to the next, meanwhile nothing is really getting finished (I'm not pregnant if that's what you're thinking). I'm just in an ADD mode I guess. I've committed to having a productive week next week which always sounds good until Monday comes around. Anyways, I thought I would share a few pictures from the month of November since I've been falling down on my blogging job as well. P.S. I do have a husband, but he has a "no picture on my blog" rule!

While in Panaca we took several journeys to Cedar City to get some much needed entertainment.
Picture 1: Isaac eating his favorite meal, Applebees steak (random I know)
Picture 2: While at McD's in Cedar Ronald McDonald made an appearance. Ava wanted nothing to do with him.
Me and Isaac before our trip to Pine Valley (it's 1 hr from Panaca) and Ava hanging out at the cabin

Jackson, Isaac, and Lora at Thanksgiving

Matthew's brother, his wife, and two of their kids.

Ryan and Ava...two little dolls.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute pictures. Thank you, thank you, thank you for not taking or putting any pictures of me on your blog from Thanksgiving! Now that your back we'll have to get together or maybe after the holidays because this month is going to be crazy! I haven't started Christmas shopping either...if you have any good ideas for gifts I'm looking.

HammondFam said...

I think all of us moms feel this way...so frustrating!! Heck, my day is considered productive if I manage to get at least one thing on my long list accomplished! :) I have so much Christmas shopping to get done, and I am stressed out just thinking about it...UGH!

Cute pics of the kiddos, and you look BEAUTIFUL in that picture you took with Isaac in the car! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!! BTW, tell Matt to get over his no picture rule, that's lame! J/K! :)

Sara said...

I love your pictures. I'm like you...Everyday I feel as if I'm constantly going and yet there's nothing to show for it. I think around the holidays it is just busy. I'm always telling Mike I think I have ADD because I start doing the dishes, stop, start the laundry, pick up some toys, then 2 days later get back to the dishes again:)LOL. Anyway, it looks like you had a good Thanksgiving. Now all of the Christmas shopping madness begins:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Those Gibson kids sure are CUTE! :) You always look so gorgeous. That's not fair! Mom's are NOT always supposed to look beautiful. Glad you are back from Panaca.

Nat said...

You are gorgeous Michelle! That is such a good picture of you! Glad you are done with your Panaca adventure. Just in time for the holidays! p.s. I think your last week is somehow my entire life. I'm not sure I ever accomplish anything though I am always busy.

HammondFam said...

Hey Michelle, check out this blog page and let me know what you think. http://www.vintagebliss.blogspot.com/

Me said...

Michelle, I feel the same way! And it sounds like we are not alone in it. I am always telling Mark that I feel like I'm treading water all day, almost everyday. But at least I'm not drowning! I had to stop comparing myself to my friends that have an immaculate house with all their laundry done, because there has to be something that goes by the wayside for them, too. Maybe they don't take the time for fun trips to Micky-D's with their kids, so they can stay home and clean. You're doing great. You're the best!

Alyssa Walker said...

Oh my gosh... the two little girlies are adorable!